Welcome to our painting diary

We are two British artists living in south-west France. We paint on commission or according to our moods. We create paintings in watercolour, acrylic or pen and ink. Here you can see our work as it is completed.

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Watercolour Portrait Commission

This watercolour portrait gave me a few worries as you can imagine.  Five children in one painting was not my idea of fun and when I was first approached about it I said, yes I can do it, with a lot of trepidation.  As the summer passed into autumn while the woman who had asked me tried to get her five grandchildren to pose together, I half hoped that she had changed her mind.  In October she finally contacted me and passed over the photographs.  No escape.

The painting took a long time, half of that just staring at it, wondering what to do next.  Anyway the customer was pleased and I also think it turned out OK.

Here is the finished painting


7 comments:

Horoscope amour said...

J’aime beaucoup ce que tu fais!
Juste continuer à écrire ce genre de poste. Je serai votre lecteur fidèle. Merci

Voyante said...

Joli travail ! Et il y a du contenu bravo …

rosi said...

I came to say hello,
Because I find your blog very much!
I came to say goodnight,
And I would see him tomorrow!
voyance mail gratuite, voyance serieuse par mail

rosi said...

Je m’arrête très souvent sur votre site que j’apprécie beaucoup, cela me permet de m’évader et de penser à autres choses....Que du bonheur !! Merci .

Voyance gratuite par mail

Unknown said...

Thank you for this nice post ... and smiling (for no obvious subject)!
voyance par mail rapide

Unknown said...

Superb article that gave me real tracks for my items to me. I will test starting next article. To say I even put the page in Favorites.
Thank you
voyance sérieuse et gratuite

hgjtohn said...

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it.
voyance par mail gratuit