Welcome to our painting diary

We are two British artists living in south-west France. We paint on commission or according to our moods. We create paintings in watercolour, acrylic or pen and ink. Here you can see our work as it is completed.

Thursday 22 November 2012

Painting people in watercolour 2

Recently completed this painting of three men playing pétanque.


I'm not sure if I like all the empty space on the right of the painting and could crop it square to just focus on the players.

I like the crop but others have suggested that it would be best to leave it as it is with the empty space helping to show the field of play and the setting for the painting. Haven't decided yet.

This painting is the second I've done recently of pétanque players and I still prefer the first which is done in a much simpler style and is perhaps the direction I would like to go in, although I like the way I've done the figures in this latest one too!

Here's the first one from a few months ago.....


18 comments:

rosi said...

Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

voyance gratuite mail, voyante gratuite par mail

Unknown said...

Wonderful and superb share here! I really appreciate all what yu put in this blog.
voyance par mail gratuite

Anonymous said...

You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases.
Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.
voyance gratuitement

Anonymous said...

That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!
voyance gratuite serieuse

rosi said...

Je suis vraiment fier de vous découvrir, votre blog est vraiment super ! J’aime bien son interface, et j’ai trop adoré le contenu aussi. Surtout continuez ainsi !

voyance gratuite en ligne

voyance said...

I appreciate, cause I found just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
voyance gratuite

Anonymous said...

Great article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you.
voyance gratuite mail

Unknown said...

“I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”
Voyance gratuite serieuse

Unknown said...

I discovered your article. he is beautiful super bravo of you. I would return to see him.


voyance gratuite par email

Anonymous said...

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again
Good luck


voyance mail gratuite

lin said...

Un site de cartes adorables que je te découvre par hasard et versez Mon plus grand plaisir, bravo !!
voyance gratuite en ligne

Anonymous said...

Sujet très intéressant sera signet votre site pour vérifier si vous écrivez plus sur l'avenir

voyance en ligne gratuite

rosy123 said...


Coucou, ton blog est trop ! Je viens tous les jours et cela me plait beaucoup

voyance gratuite par mail rapide

hgjtohn said...

site bien fait !!! Merci pour ce magnifique partage !!! bonne continuation

voyance email amour

Unknown said...

Merci beaucoup votre site et vos conseils sont super !


voyance gratuite en ligne par mail

Unknown said...

Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.
voyance gratuite

Unknown said...

Great, In my opinion simply done a fanatastic level. You certainly fully understand just what you are talking about, and I might rather become powering that. Nice living then straight up but straightforward.
voyance email

rosy123 said...

Je trouve vos images pleines de douceurs...
Félicitations! quel beau travail.
voyance gratuite