Welcome to our painting diary

We are two British artists living in south-west France. We paint on commission or according to our moods. We create paintings in watercolour, acrylic or pen and ink. Here you can see our work as it is completed.

Thursday 27 January 2011

Watercolour painting - Tile style

I did this watercolour painting by masking out the horizontal and vertical lines to give the impression that it was painted on tiles.  The inspiration for this came from the tile paintings which are common in Portugal, where we lived previously.  I'm unsure at the moment how it would be best framed to keep up the pretence that it is painted on tiles.  The colour used is French Ultramarine.


























I suppose I ought to mention at this point, that four of my very short stories have been published in a book entitled 'FLASHBACK 2010' which is available HERE

I also have a short story in the No.5 edition of Pink Noise which is an Auckland, NZ. based online arts magazine.  You can find the latest edition, and the previous issues, two of which also have a story by me, HERE

Read the story HERE

7 comments:

Voyance gratuite said...

Je trouve votre site génial, je vous souhaite plein de succès car vous le méritez, bonne continuation et encore bravo pour ce superbe site !

Voyance gratuite said...

Je suis tombe par hasard sur votre blog très intéressant! Un petit bonjour d’une personne qui vous a toujours apprécié.

rosi said...

Tout y est bien conçu dans votre site et très beau avec beaucoup de choix, c’est une merveille !!Félicitations. Amicalement


voyance
Voyance gratuite par email

Unknown said...

It is with pleasure that I look at your site; it is great. Really nice to read your nice sharing .Continuez well and thank you again.

voyance gratuite par mail ; voyance gratuite mail

Unknown said...

I discovered your blog and I am very interested in all these resources.
voyance par mail

Unknown said...

A big thank you for this very clear section !! Beautiful day
voyance gratuite par mail rapide

hgjtohn said...

That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!
voyance gratuite en ligne par mail